The process for earning merit badges
- The Scout develops an interest in a merit badge and may begin working on the requirements.
- The Scout discusses his interest in the merit badge with his Scoutmaster.
- The Scoutmaster signs a blue card and provides the Scout with at least one counselor contact.
- The Scout contacts the counselor.
- The counselor considers any work toward requirements completed prior to the initial discussion with the unit leader.
- The Scout and the counselor meet (often several times).
- The Scout finishes the requirements.
- The counselor approves completion.
- The Scout returns the signed blue card to his Scoutmaster, who signs the applicant record section of the blue card.
- The Scoutmaster gives the blue card to the advancement chairperson.
- The unit reports the merit badge to the council.
- The Scout receives his merit badge at the next court of honor.
Badges and Counselors
|* Camping||Michael Mastrole, Gini Wagner, Billy Dalton|
|* Citizenship in the Community||Phil Smyth|
|* Citizenship in the Nation||Phil Smyth|
|* Citizenship in the World||Phil Smyth|
|* Communications||Gini Wagner,|
|* Cooking||Gini Wagner, Jen Hempfling, Amy Mattiolo|
|Digital Technology||Michael Mastrole|
|Disabilities Awareness||Aimee Mattiolo|
|* Emergency Preparedness||Open|
|* Family Life||Gini Wagner, Jen Hempfling|
|* First Aid||Billy Dalton|
|Fire Safety||Billy Dalton|
|Fly Fishing||Anthony Vaccaro|
|* Hiking||Michael Mastrole|
|Law||Beth Ann Bentley|
|Motorboating||Michael Mastrole, Anthony Vaccaro|
|* Personal Fitness||Aimee Mattiolo|
|* Personal Management||Gini Wagner|
|Public Speaking||Michael Mastrole|
|Public Health||Aimee Mattiolo|
|Salesmanship||Michael Mastrole, Anthony Vaccaro|
|Shotgun Shooting||Anthony Vaccaro|
|Small Boat Sailing||Phil Smyth|